JD Edwards Application Upgrades & Migration
[Are you ready to take your enterprise to JD Edwards Enterprise One? If so, then DWP should be your partner of choice]Upgrade Considerations
There are several areas to consider as you examine your upgrade options including application functionality, technological enhancements, operational considerations, user support and change management, and ongoing support availability.
- Functional Capabilities – In considering an upgrade, most organizations begin with a critical assessment of the new capabilities and enhancements against existing features to assess the value to be gained through investment of time and resources.
- Technological Enhancements – Technical infrastructure requirements are legitimate points of consideration as you evolve your application upgrade strategy including: client architecture, application server, web services, customizations, database options, and various hosting options.
- User Support and Change Management – Change management is a critical component of the upgrade process to ensure that your project obtains optimal user adoption as it is upgraded and deployed.
In providing the JD Edwards Enterprise Upgrade service offering, DWP will work with the customer to address the following areas:
- Assessment – Assess the current hardware & software environment, customizations, extensions, modifications, localizations, and any interfaces and provide recommendations to eliminate customizations using standard functionality. DWP will also suggest an overall time and cost estimate for the upgrade project.
- Strategy Development – Develop the overall upgrade strategy. This process will include developing project vision, project management approach, and methodology, instance strategy, testing strategy, and backup and recovery strategy.
- Functional Planning – Develop the overall upgrade project functional impact, user communication, training, change management, and risk mitigation plan.
- Functional Upgrade – Understand the current customizations required and new functionalities to be incorporated as part of the new release.
- Technical Upgrade – Update environments, path codes, and data into the new release. This process includes environment creation, control table merges, data conversions, specification merge, “fix current”, and platform pak installation.
- Testing Services – Prepare necessary custom testing scripts that leverage standard testing procedures and incorporate regression testing.
- Training and User Change Management – Determine the best approach for assessing user process impact and defining communication plans as well as to advise on necessary training and change management considerations.
- Go-Live and Ongoing Support – Determine the optimal level of support necessary to maintain user service efficiency during go-live period. In addition, advice on complementary support services can be provided.